Thursday, June 14, 2007
Middle School Week 1 Activity - Magazine Article
For your first activity, we would like you to read an article from a magazine of your choice. After finishing the article, please reply to this post. Include in your post your first name, the name of the magazine, the name of the article, a short summary of what it was about and your opinion about the article. Your opinion may include how the article made you feel, if you agree or disagree with the article, or how you might use the information from the article in the future. These post may be as long or as short as you would like them to be. I will be checking each post as they are submitted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Outdoor Life, article Maxi-Mac Drift Boat (build this great little skiff in one long weekend) was about building a boat, sealing and finishing it.
My opinion: I think it is a great experience to do if you need a boat.
Family Circle Magazine, article Earth Angels.
The article is about a 16 yr old boy who was inspired by Linda Soderquist to keep track of loggerhead sea turtle nests. He now speaks to local elementary schools, nature festivals and writes childrens books about the sea turtles.
I think he did a good thing to save the loggerhead turtles.
I read Who wants to be the president,I learned that presidents have there own things they like to do. like Thomas Jefferson liked to read and it gave a lot of information like Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence. Another book I read was stars and planets it told me about the moons and that the sun makes a rainbow with it's energy.and the last book I read was The Birth Of Our Universe and it was about mapping our solar system and the stars.
Cody
Kirsten
Music, Movies, and More
I Got Her Detention
A girl wanted a friend to help her cheat in school but the friend said no. The girl got a zero and detention for trying to cheat. She was mad so she did something that got the other girl undeserved detention.
My opinion about this article is that cheating is wrong and you shouldnt try to get innocent people in trouble.
RJ S. has left a new comment on your post "Middle School Week 1 Activity - Magazine Article":
Outdoor Life, article Maxi-Mac Drift Boat (build this great little skiff in one long weekend) was about building a boat, sealing and finishing it.
My opinion: I think it is a great experience to do if you need a boat.
Hey Paul
I figured it out! Even though the email goes to you, I have to moderate the site. I guess that's because I set it up wrong. I'll try to fix that - but in the meantime, just let me know if I should approve new comments - ok?
It's great here in Atlanta!! Wish you were here!!
Laurie
Maggie
Girls Life
Playing the Game of Her Life
This article is about a 12 year old girl named Dakoda Dowd trying to cope with her mother, Kelly Jo, who is dying of cancer. She gets her mind off of the sad feelings by golfing. Dakoda has played in the LPGA tournament, played in over 300 tournaments, and has won about 185 trophies, (which she donates them to a company that melts them to make trophies for little kids).
This article is very touching and it's amazing how somebody can cope so well when your mother is dying of cancer.
Post a Comment