This blog will include discussions, activities and links that will enhance the summer library program of the Pine Meadow Elementary Media Center for the summer of 2007.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Middle School Week 2
For the 2ndactivitiy, we would like you to post one of your favorite short poems or create your own poem and post it to the blog. Don't forget to tell us who wrote the poem if your posting somebody elses work.
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
OURCHESTRA
So you haven't got a drum, just beat your belly. So I haven't got a horn - I'll play my nose. So we haven't any cymbals- We'll just slap out hands together, And though there may be orchestras That sound a little better With there fancy shiny instruments That cost an awful lot- Hey, we're making music twice as good By playing what we've got!
WARNING Inside everybody's nose There lives a sharp-toothed snail. So if you stick your finger in, He may bite off your nail. Stick it farther up inside, And he may bite your ring off. Stick it all the way, and he May bite the whole darn thing off. -Shel Silverstein
I WON'T HATCH! Oh I am a chickie who lives in an egg, But I will not hatch, I will not hatch. The hens they all cackle, the roosters all beg, But I will not hatch, I will not hatch. For I hear all the talk of pollution and war As the people all shout and the airplanes roar, So I'm staying in here where it's safe and it's warm, And I WILL NOT HATCH! -Shel Silverstein
4 comments:
OURCHESTRA
So you haven't got a drum, just beat your belly.
So I haven't got a horn - I'll play my nose.
So we haven't any cymbals-
We'll just slap out hands together,
And though there may be orchestras
That sound a little better
With there fancy shiny instruments
That cost an awful lot-
Hey, we're making music twice as good
By playing what we've got!
By: Shel Silverstein
WARNING
Inside everybody's nose
There lives a sharp-toothed snail.
So if you stick your finger in,
He may bite off your nail.
Stick it farther up inside,
And he may bite your ring off.
Stick it all the way, and he
May bite the whole darn thing off.
-Shel Silverstein
I WON'T HATCH!
I WON'T HATCH!
Oh I am a chickie who lives in an egg,
But I will not hatch, I will not hatch.
The hens they all cackle, the roosters all beg,
But I will not hatch, I will not hatch.
For I hear all the talk of pollution and war
As the people all shout and the airplanes roar,
So I'm staying in here where it's safe and it's warm,
And I WILL NOT HATCH!
-Shel Silverstein
Post a Comment